Resoring iCal backup from Carbon Copy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by deckard666, Dec 14, 2015.

1. deckard666 macrumors 6502

deckard666

Partner's MacBook Pro (2009) broke a few months ago (logicboard shot) and funny enough two days before it did I had backed the whole drive up (now an SSD). Just got it back from http://www.applemacparts.co.uk/store/index.php (cant recommend them highly enough) and his iCal is blank - Can I just drag the folder / file direct from the CC backup onto his user, library, calenders folder and everything will be ok ?

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Why don't you try it and tell us if it works...?

3. deckard666 thread starter macrumors 6502

deckard666

i will backup his laptop tonight and then try but was hoping someone here would know the answer as tbh you lot are meant to be experts :)

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Rather than worry about what folders to move over, I think an easier way would be to export the old calendar. Attach the CCC clone and hold the option key then boot to it. Then launch iCal and in the File menu select export then use the first export option there to export the calendar to the desktop. Then just copy that exported file to the new drive and in iCal import the file. You will need to do this for each calendar if there are multiple calendars in iCal.