Resource to find great iPhone compatible Ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ninethirty, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

I realize you can pay for Ringtones on iTunes if you want a song, but if you're just looking to add to the library of ringtones similar to what came with the phone does anyone know of a site where one can download great free ringtones? I've looked around and can't find a thing.

Better yet, if you've created one of your own (not from a song) and wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great too. I'm looking for something unique, but not annoying. Subtle.

Thanks!

2. PcEhAoCsE macrumors newbie

You can also right-click on the song you want to be made into a ringtone and then click convert to MP3 after you have set aside the start/stop time. Afterwards, change the file ending to m4r (which is the file extension used as ringtones in the phone). I'm sure that this method works though don't quote me on it....other than that, if you have a Mac, just use GarageBand though it doesn't work for songs bought on iTunes (though for some reason I was able to do it with Viva la Vida)...

3. ninethirty thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that, but I'm looking for ringtones that are sounds, not songs. Thanks though!

4. wayne226 macrumors member

ringtones

try this website it lets you upload you tube videos and converts them to iphone m4r and they also have a fast libarary http://audiko.net/en.html

and its free

5. ninethirty thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's cool and all, but I'm not sure how much more I can emphasize that I am NOT looking for songs as ringtones, but rather just cool sounds (not songs!) that make good ringtones. Think about all the sounds the phone currently comes with for ringtones... I want some more stuff like that!

Anyone?

6. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

Garageband has thousands of effects and textures you could use for iPhone ringtones. NOT JUST SONGS.

7. ninethirty thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I did say Free above, and I do not own Garageband, so again... does anyone know of any sites that contain galleries of quality ringtones, or has anyone built any of their own that they'd like to share?

I'm really quite surprised that there's not more of a demand for this... I can't be the only one who finds the current library underwhelming, and hates songs are ringtones.. or am i? :)

8. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

you can use iRinger at http://iringer.net/
    Its free and you convert any sound you want into a ring tone.
    So now any FREE .wav or .mp3 or .wma will be created to a ring tone for you.
    Simple too.

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Just do a GOOGLE search for cellphone ringtones and go nuts! Each one you find can be converted to an iPhone compatible version.

10. technovictim macrumors newbie

Ita not FREE!!!!!!!

Hi guys.

I've just downloaded the iringer but its asking for a $10.00 donation before it gives me a 'key' to unlock hidden stuff.

11. AlmostJosh macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

like the guy above said, audiko.net
    they have tons of ones already uploaded and if you dont find what you're looking for you can make your own on their site

12. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Why don't you do a search, I know there are threads with people that have included links to "professional sounding ringtones."

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) Open Firefox / Internet Explorer
    2) Type in www.google.com
    3) Put the cursor in the search bar
    4) Type in

a) "cool sounds"
    b) "funny sounds"
    c) "ringtone sounds"
    d) "weird ringtone sounds"
    e) etc

5) Hit search
    6) Find a "SOUND" you like and download it.

14. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

nakko.com is free and awesome.

You can download stuff that is already ready, or you can upload your own sound files and they will convert it into whatever format will work with the model of phone you have, including the iPhone. :)

15. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

That site is rancid.

Any site that promises "free" ring tones that you have to join, provide your cell number to, etc, is a P.O.S.

16. efice32 macrumors 6502

myxer.com has some...songs and sounds both...you have to sign up for an account and give your phone number, but they don't charge or spam. I've used it multiple times. They also have a "download for iPhone" button you can click that automatically downloads the ringtone as an .m4r saving you the trouble of converting it.

17. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Zelda Tones

Here are some ringtones made from Ocarina songs from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Attached Files: