resSTORE Is it a genuine product?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rsd, Sep 24, 2008.

1. rsd macrumors member

rsd

I have a question, well more of a query about some software for OSX servers.

Just yesterday another office for the same company contacted me for approval for a new 'Mac server solution' as they are starting to integrate Macs in to there existing network. What exactly there are doing I do not know or care about as will have nothing to do with it :).

But included with there proposal was a costing for all the software needed for the solution, including something called resSTORE. I have no idea what it is! Even after consulting with my very knowledgeable and good friend (Google) and anther close friend (MRoogle) I am still in the dark on this one.

It is listed on the costings as:

resSTORE – file syncing and replication between Macintosh servers - €1,800.00

All that money for software you cant readily find online :confused: It all comes across rather odd. The whole quote was put together by another company and I want to make sure we are not being ‘had’ or 'done over'.

If any one has ever heard of it, knows what it really does please let me know.

Thanks in advance guys.

rSd

2. rsd thread starter macrumors member

rsd

From the silence ..... i will take it that no one has heard of it then ..

oh :confused:

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's not a software program, but a charge for services. From the description, it sounds like it was what that company would charge for synchronizing the servers. I could be wrong, but I've also never heard of resSTORE before.

jW

5. rsd thread starter macrumors member

rsd

Oh come on now, one little mistake! but thanks for pointing it out, I posted it in a rush.

If it was a simple as just asking, trust me I would have, but as it is not me dealing with then directly, i can't request from them. All I can do is raise a concern with the IT dude at the other office, but surprise surprise he is not responding!

Thank you very much for the help though.

6. rsd thread starter macrumors member

rsd

Hey Mal, thanks for the response,

Good point well made, but alas they have definitely listed it as a software requirement! Really starting to think they have just made it up
    :confused:

7. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

Could be a crazy idea, but this has worked for me when i had quotes with things in I didn't understand, Call the company and tell them you wish to know more about it.