Rest icloud settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfly4, Oct 6, 2015.

1. macfly4 macrumors member

macfly4

Arghh!!
    Anyone have any ideas how you can reset settings in an iCloud account? Basic story is that somewhere over the past two weeks I stopped getting push emails to my iCloud email account. The only way I can get email is to manually go in and check it. I have done everything I can think of To change settings in the phone from push to manual, to fetching every so often, to push again, to resetting the phone, to signing out of iCloud and back in again… Nothing works. The Apple engineers are supposedly working on this as a ticket but I haven't heard anything back in two weeks.
    Wondering if anyone else has encountered this sudden stoppage of push emails and what can be done. The weird thing is that I still get push emails on my iMac and laptop but no I devices. What gives?

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Same deal here actually. Ever since I got my 6s+ on launch day I noticed push wasn't working for my iCloud emails. They never have on my Mac because I don't think it's enabled, but it is quite strange.

3. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Delete the email account and add it back in as new account. Might also reboot phone after deleting, before entering same account back in. This may reset flags properly.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

iCloud as a whole seems pretty messed up at the moment...

5. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Seems to be working fine for me.

These are computers. When have you ever owned a computer that never locked up, got confused and froze, acted strange, slowed down. Every time you upload and down load, a data bit can get corrupted, dropped, whatever. Shoot, my cable box needs to be rebooted every once in a while, it's a computer. Why you think aircraft and spacecraft have multiple redundant systems. I can't wait to see the mess we will have with driverless cars.

Computers, can't live with them and can't live without them.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

iOS9 doesn't seem to like backups. I've spent countless hours fannying around with it and finally deleted and set up as new. Loading 12GB of photos and videos through crappy iTunes is no fun at all & even now it won't auto-backup. One of the major benefits of iPhone ownership is the backup process and with iOS9 it's a buggy mess in my experience.

7. macfly4 thread starter macrumors member

macfly4

The weirdthing is this happened before 9 even came out! I think i updated my imac to the latest os about 2-3 weeks ago and then it started.