Rest time and overtraining

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Drezin, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Drezin macrumors member

I have recently bought an Apple Watch series 2 and am enjoying it much more than my Garmin Forerunner. While it is true that the garmin offers much more information for an athlete and has superior battery life, it doesn't sync as efficiently, the Apple Watch is a much more pleasing experience for me.

The one feature that I miss, however, is the rest time from the garmin. It actually shows, based on your heart rate metrics and intensity of your last work out, how long you should rest before training again.

For someone like me, who has experienced most of consequences of overtraining, I can tell it would be a very useful feature to have. Does anyone know an app that can help with that? It could even be an iPhone app, as it could access the recorded heart rate metrics in the health app.

2. cmbauer macrumors regular

cmbauer

I miss all the metrics of the Garmin products. The new Garmin Fenix 5 is amazing! Has all sorts of training metrics. VO2 Max, Lactate Thresolds, Training effect etc etc. It is very nice

I use HeartWatch and it gives some metrics, but not as pretty as Garmin Connect