Restart iPad, turns into iPod touch, how can i avoid this?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by iSlanderous, Jul 21, 2010.

1. iSlanderous macrumors regular

I wanna keep 6 icons in my dock but it always makes it 4 when my iPad is restarted and turns into an iPod touch untill i respiring. What should i do?

2. mixvio macrumors 6502

Make sure your stuff is up to date, Activator and SBSettings in particular caused this bug a few versions back.

Otherwise check what you installed from Cydia as it's one of those tweaks causing it.

3. iSlanderous thread starter macrumors regular

makes sense, because it just started doing this....

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Why the sarcasm? The dude was just trying to help.

Mine's been doing this too, ever since I installed mywi yesterday to be able to tether to my iphone 4 using handylight. Goes away on a respring, but I agree that having to add the 5th and 6th icon back to the dock is annoying.

I'm going to uninstall some cydia crap and see if I can figure it out. iSlanderous, what else do you have installed in cydia?

5. iSlanderous thread starter macrumors regular

I was not trying to be sarcastic. I hate the internet. Cannot hear inflection or how something is said.

I have a ton of stuff installed. I reunstalled 3.2 last night and respirited. Its working well now, no ipod touch.

Initially i thought what caused it was a botched install of lighttpd for 2.0 ios. I installed via terminal and i uninstalled iit incorrectly.

6. iSlanderous thread starter macrumors regular

Eveything was working great and i had not installed anything silly or messes around in terminal and now...big ipod touch again...ugh why do i even bother, It ruins the whole app layout......Should i just uninstall all cydia apps and try again?

Edit: i guess im asking, what app causes this so i can just delete it and keep my iPad an iPad?

7. iSlanderous thread starter macrumors regular

I deleted all my cydia apps and it fixed the restart into iPod touch problem, so one is the problem. Ill list them out here later.

8. mixvio macrumors 6502

As I said, the only ones I had which caused it were Activator and SBSettings. Both of them were updated recently and I haven't had the problem in weeks.

9. iSlanderous thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm. I had downloaded them too but ipod touch problems here, i just got my ipad less than two weeks ago, had the update gone live before two weeks ago?

10. mixvio macrumors 6502

Two weeks sounds about right, I can't remember off the top of my head though.

If you're downloading Activator make sure you've added Ryan's personal repo, since I don't know if the other repos have the latest version yet.

Just add

http://rpetri.ch/repo

as a source in Cydia, then search for Activator.

11. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I suspect that this is caused by MyWi. Can anyone confirm?

12. iSlanderous thread starter macrumors regular

i had big ipod touch problem and reinstalled all the necessary apps i needed. I took mywi off the nessesary list and havent had a problem. i also removed fullforce which i suspected was causing the problem. It could be either app. as a test i would install it and restart a few times. If it ipod touches then it could be the problem. then uninstalled and restart party again. if it goes away then it was most likely that app.

13. keigo macrumors regular

I can confirm it is the Activator that is causing this...

if I'm not wrong it is the version 1.3.1-1

upgrade it to 1.4 will solve the problem

14. bobsegal macrumors newbie

Activator 1.4 does NOT fix problem

I followed the process added in source from above and installed Activator 1.4 and did a reboot of the iPad. Same problem iPad turns into a iPod.

15. keigo macrumors regular

I believe the clearer method is to uninstall activator first then reinstall activator 1.4

This is what I did in the past. Hope this help.

16. bobsegal macrumors newbie

Activator 1.4 dose not fix it

I removed and restarted and stll have proble and also install 1.4 and did not fix the problem.