Restart nag

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Cloudane, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Anyone know of a way to disable the "Ready to Restart" nag that pops up in the top right? The one that says "Remind me in an hour, remind me tonight or remind me tomorrow"

I'd even settle for it still having a warning icon in the notification area, so long as it's not popping up and needing an answer to dismiss it.

No smart alec "You should really restart it because security" answers, please (I know what people are like for snide comments on this forum); it doesn't answer the question.

I'm happy to take responsibility for my own security risks and not be nagged or babysat by my own OS.

2. ivnj macrumors 65816

I've never noticed this on a mac before only pc.

3. Cloudane thread starter macrumors 68000

Cloudane

You're lucky. It's something I really liked escaping when I switched, only for it to eventually follow me to OS X with Mavericks!

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's a pretty rare occurrence on my MacBook, usually only happens when an update warns you it's going to need to restart if installed. How often do you get them?

5. Cloudane thread starter macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Well, I tend to put it off, but if not, maybe once a week?

Sounds trivial I know, but it's enough to be quite annoying especially when I don't feel like shutting everything down (there's the resume thing I know, but it's not perfect)

6. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

seriously, sounds like you've downloaded something...that requires a restart to finish installing. i've never seen that message in any other circumstance...

if there's something waiting to be installed, makes sense you'd get that message...until you restart and finish the process...

7. Cloudane thread starter macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Dismissed it now but I'm pretty sure it said it was for a system update. Probably one of the point releases or security patches that keeps coming out!