Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asenna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I installed the 2012 MBA flash storage update and after it was done it shut my computer down and I turned it back on after about 30 seconds. Computer works fine but the instructions say to wait 1 minute. Any damage done?

Your MacBook Air requires this update.

The power cord must be connected to your MacBook Air and plugged into a working power source.

Back up the data on your MacBook Air flash storage to an external disk or Time Capsule before installing this update. If you've already backed up your data, click Install Update to begin the update.

Do not reset, shut down, or turn off the power to your MacBook Air while updating your flash storage. If there is a problem during the update, your flash storage may become unusable and all the data on it could be lost.

When the update is complete your MacBook Air will shut down. Wait one minute before restarting it.

Boot ROM or SMC Version Information: After the update, you will have Revision TPVABBF0.
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1655

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.