Restarting into windows from lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aCuria, Aug 2, 2011.

1. aCuria macrumors member

Problem:

When restarting in lion, theres this option:

"reopen windows when logging back on"

somehow, no-matter whether that is checked or not, I always boot into Lion!

Any ideas?

2. simsaladimbamba

Microsoft Windows, the OS, is spelled with a capital "W", but the message you see in Lion is spelled with a normal "w", as it means "windows", as in the windows you left open before quitting Lion.
    To restart in Windows, hold down the OPTION/Alt key after the startup sound chimes.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

If you want to change your default to boot into your Boot Camp partition, the easiest way is from within Windows. Click on the little diamond icon that's in the Windows 7 Taskbar (it might be hidden in the System Tray). From there you will open up a Control Panel setting where you can change the default partition. You can also do that from within System Preferences in OS X.

4. aCuria thread starter macrumors member

Ahh that makes sense! Facepalm moment

I thought it meant Microsoft Windows because bootcamp has an option to reboot into Lion!!

Is there a way to easily choose to boot into windows/lion on the next startup, like in bootcamp?

I know there is a way to set it permanently in settings, but that's not i want. I just want control over the next boot within Lion (like right-click bootcamp icon, restart in Mac OS X)