Restarting Iphone doesnt kill all Apps !

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

Hi,
    just wondering.. i have just restarted my iphone ( Power on - off ). hoping that it will close all apps. runing in the background. But i guess NOT.
    So, just wanted to confirm it.
    any comments ?

after restarting , i could still see atlest 15 - 20 apps running ( By pressing Homebutton twice )

thanx

2. Centsy macrumors regular

That's a list of your recent & running apps. Since you just restarted, those are all probably just recent apps. If you want to know what is actually running, you can download SBSettings and there is a processes list that shows everything that is currently running.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well restarting would be hold home and power button untill the apple logo appears

4. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohh, i did hold power button and then slide the red arrow to right. i guess i did right.

But, my guess is, if you restart then it should close all your running apps ( Recent Apps too )

5. Pracht macrumors member

That's definitely just a reset, not a restart.

To the OP,

I'm pretty sure restarting or resetting does kill the apps, but it doesn't remove their icons.

You can check using one of those RAM apps to see how much free ram you have, then reboot and check again. Despite the app icons still being there, you'll probably find that you have MUCH more free ram.

6. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

k start playing a game in angry birds then rest/turn off the phone then turn it back on, when you click on any birds dose it load in that game? no it loads as if you had not played it.

7. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Humm. i understand what you are saying.
    thanks for explaining to me.
    But, i guess then its a bug from Apple, technically it should also kill those Apps Icons. Any how those are no use after you restart.

Anyways..thanks

8. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

The double tap home button tray is not an application manager. It is a way to see apps you have recently used so that you can quickly switch between them. They also made it so you could quit an app if it crashed. Its purpose is not to show you what is running. Apple wants to the simplify the experience by not differentiating between open/running apps and suspended/not running apps.

Personally I don't like the direction it is going, but I am one that likes to keep on top of what is going on with my device.