Restarting/Shutting off issues for MB

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ib4walrus, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ib4walrus macrumors regular

When I use my MB for an extended amount of time, my MB will not restart or shut down unless I hard shut down. When I try to do it, a pop up says that Finder (or some other application) has failed to turn off and that I need to force quit the program before I try again. When I would go to force quit, the application would not be there or for Finder, clicking relaunch does nothing. If I don't use the MB for a long time I am able to turn it off without any problems. Is there something I can do to fix this?

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

Do you have any programs/plugins installed other than what your Mac came with?

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Could this be related to a mounted volume that won't unmount?

Do you access files/drives on other computers on your local network?

4. ib4walrus thread starter macrumors regular

I usually just put it to sleep when I sleep but when I use it I generally use Firefox, Limewire, Transmission, and Itunes. Whenever I use Quicktime, I have Flip4Mac also. Other than that I don't really use any other apps or plug-ins that I know of (I think that's what you're talking about right? Sorry not sure).
    I don't know what the unmounted volume is so I can't say anything about that and I don't access any of my files from another computer (but I do use a wireless network that is password encrypted, could it be hacked? :eek:).