Restaurant sound system help!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Unrealnumbers, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Unrealnumbers macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new here so be nice :D

My dad is opening a restaurant which is having a sound system put in and a small PA system purchased an he is looking for something to run the music. I recommend a mbp over a windows laptop and he want to know what software there is for the needs he has. I'm not so knowledgable with mac software as I don't have my mbp yet.

A the restaurant is going to have a small dance floor they will be playing loud music for events (through pa) and all the other time background music through restaurant speakers.

What they basically want is some sorta software where he can choose a playlist and it will auto play and mix the music. He would also like it to be manually controlled also just incase they are paying a dj to come in.

I hope you can help and if I'm way off the Mark you are more than welcome to tell me!

Thanks in advance.
    Luke

2. Cruleworld macrumors newbie

Cruleworld

Even iTunes would do what you want, as for a DJ they would probably have their own setup to play music from.

3. Unrealnumbers thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for you reply! Yes iTunes would be ok but it doesn't auto mix music.

Also there isn't enough room for a dj to set up stuff so would have to use our set up.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

try djay

5. Unrealnumbers thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that's more like it! Thank you.

Is it good? Do you have any experience with it?

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i used to own the vestax spin which is basically a usb midi controller to control the djay 3 software... but it was too plasticky!

the djay software is actually fairly good for basic needs...really nice and clean UI, plus, you there's an iphone/ipod app to also control your mix if you walk away from your mac :)

the software picks up everything from your itunes library too... and i'm sure you'll be using the automix feature a LOT by the sounds of it :)

it's definitely worth the price