Resting Heart Rate not populating...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SRLMJ23, Sep 20, 2017.

1. SRLMJ23 Contributor

SRLMJ23

Anyone else having an issue with watchOS 4 not populating your resting heart rate? It shows nothing in the Health App. I have seen several posts (not here) that a lot of people are having issues with this. Has anyone figured out how to get this to work?

Also, not to get off topic but there has been some confusion of how to turn on the "Elevated Heart Rate Notifications" feature. You have to go into the Apple Watch App, then under "Notifications" go to "Heart Rate" and set whatever "Beats Per Minute" notification you would like.

Thanks in advance for any help on the Resting Heart Rate issue!

:apple:

2. SRLMJ23 thread starter Contributor

SRLMJ23

Here is an update, and also to clear things up...I have a Series 0 (Original Apple Watch.) I contacted Apple Support chat and here is a few things they said:

-Per the article that I was able to follow, the application is supposed to work with your device. However, consulting with the Senior advisor will confirm if that is correct.

-While we are waiting. I’m going to go ahead and send over some articles

-The articles are going to be the same ones that I used to guide us the issue and a senior advisor should be chatting in soon.

The above was from a normal support advisor.

Then I was transferred to a Senior Advisor and this is some of what he said:

-Hey Shawn! My name is Don, Senior advisor here at Apple. I read over your case, and did some research on this issue. I see it has been reported several times with other customers. We do not have a resolution for this yet, but from what I understand it should be working on your device.

-No problem! Everyone I spoke with agrees, no one has heard otherwise. There must be some kind of bug going around, we have had a few reports of this so far.

-What I am going to do is send a ticket into our engineering team, and hopefully we can get it fixed to where it starts working again.

-So if it is a bug its definitely in “early stages” so hopefully there is a fix in the coming days.

So it appears that ALL Apple Watches are supposed to be supported!

3. Ephram macrumors newbie

Ephram

That's great news! I have series 0 too, suspected it was a bug. Good to get some kind of confirmation from the official side.

4. SRLMJ23 thread starter Contributor

SRLMJ23

True, lets just hope they are right!