Restocking fee at Apple - waived!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ijen0311, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

The manager at my Apple store said that the restocking fee on an iPad will be waived -if- you accept store credit (ie, to buy a 3G or larger size). I thought this was great.

I'm not saying all stores are doing it, but it's worth a shot. I'm thinking about doing so because my wifi performs so much worse than anticipated!! :mad: But yay :apple: for making things easier!

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

But there's still a 14 day limit. Isn't there? I believe this will be shorter than is needed to snag a 3G.

3. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Of course. I actually promised I'd bring it in today or tomorrow. I just want something that works. The wifi has been very, very disappointing. I'm not interested in just "renting" this until the 3G comes out...

4. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Oh, misunderstood. Sorry. (Lots of people keep talking about some way of pulling this off while keeping the WiFI till then, so I jumped to conclusion.)

5. SKIDDW macrumors newbie

What if you bought through the Apples website?

6. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Not sure. My point was just that it's worth talking to an employee instead of just thinking they won't work with you. I'd give a local store a call (if you have one.)

No worries! Like I said, I'm just glad to have something that will perform as I anticipated. Plus, with a store credit, they know where my $$ is going!!!

7. designresults macrumors member

I bought from the Apple site, and the retail store exchanged my 16 for 64, and waived the restocking fee.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

Specifically, talk to a manager. Regular employees can't waive the restock fee.

9. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Correct! The employee put me on hold and did get the ok from a manager.

10. Aduntu macrumors 6502a

Aduntu

I upgraded my 16GB without any issues They had to get a manager to waive the restocking fee, but there was never a question whether they were actually going to charge it or not.

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I've been told no iPad for me, but we did our taxes last night and with our refund if my wife thinks we should spend a lot of it on the backyard, then I don't see why I shouldn't be getting an iPad. Not that this has anything to do with this thread. :D

12. strangelogic macrumors regular

best buy

Best Buy employee insisted they would charge a restocking fee, and I got tired of arguing the point... So the processed my return and there was no restocking fee and so then she got all defensive ''I don't know why it didn't charge that, the manager said it would"...