Restocking fee waived

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by worldwearyeyes, Jul 1, 2007.

1. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

Just bought my iphone from the apple store here, and they stated that while my receipt says there's a 10% restocking fee, I can return it within 14 days w/ NO restocking fee. I wonder if this is in response to all the activation issues. Good news though. My brother bought his up in Boston yesterday and was told the same thing.

2. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

Did you return it outright because you couldn't activate it? Just wondering.

3. iPhonePhan macrumors regular

4. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

There is only a restocking fee if it has been opened, correct?

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Yeah you should clarify... If it's opened I am pretty darn sure they have to charge a fee even if it is within 14 days.

If not then :eek: - and I might be exchanging my 4GB for an 8GB. :p

6. worldwearyeyes thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, to clarify, I was told an OPEN iphone could be returned with NO restocking fee within 14 days. I haven't returned mine; I'm just passing on the information that the Apple store told me.

7. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Interesting... I guess perhaps they have the authority to allow that and AT&T Stores do not? Seems to me AT&T is being very careful and will not allow this, saying Apple is strongly enforcing this rule. I only know because I looked into trading my 4GB for an 8GB lol... but alas, I love my 4GB regardless. It's such a great device. :)

8. DonWilson macrumors member

AT&T person told me today that opened iphones can be returned, but with a 10% restocking fee. If not opened, then no restocking fee (both at the AT&T store).