Restoration Hardware Iphone Sale.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ac921ol, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ac921ol macrumors regular

the cases are for sale at $22 right now, I am looking at getting this since the price is just what I like and I know restoration hardware does make good decisions with the leather they use.

Restoration Hardware Iphone 5/5s

and like that its
    “They’re made of vegetable-tanned buffalo leather,a special leather perfectly suited to this use,” he says. “It’s very hard, extremely tough and ages beautifully."

Here is a PDF about the artisan that makes the iphone/ipad covers for RH.
    A Study in Leather by Atul Aggarwal

2. ac921ol thread starter macrumors regular

so no one has had one.

well I ordered one and Ill report back, but from what I've read and can see, I think I'm going to really like the case.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

They look like a great value actually. It's rare that you can get a genuine leather case for an iPhone at anywhere close to that price. Most case makers will charge $29 for a basic TPU case that cost 25 cents to make.

4. mirz2000 macrumors regular

They look awesome! I would love to see your pics if you order one.

5. Macalicious2011 macrumors member

Those look really sweet. I might order one. It's been borderline in possible to find a leather case that does not include a cover - i.e. an alternative to Apple's leather case.

6. ac921ol thread starter macrumors regular

Just got 2 of them, one x-mas gift, and one I bought off ebay for $17.

I love them other then the fact that the edges do not cover up corners of the screen for protection, this is only an issue if you lay your phone screen down, which I never do, so Im ok with it.

I will post pictures later on.

for the record they are now $19.00

7. michaelpri macrumors member

hard to tell from the photos but it looks like the top and bottom are completely open. How does it compare to the Apple leather cover- other than being 1/2 the price.

8. ac921ol thread starter macrumors regular

Yes both the top and bottom are open.

I like the case personally, but Im one who takes care of his phone and does not lay it screen down ever and has rarely dropped it if ever.

9. robotphood macrumors 6502a

How's the quality? I definitely like the look better than the apple case. Also looks like it would wear/break in nicely.

10. Frau Blücher macrumors newbie

Would've been nice if they had gone like the Apple case close the top bottom and side buttons.

11. ac921ol thread starter macrumors regular

Not soft leather, and the leather is wrapped around a hard case, no slack in the leather feels very sturdy on the hard case, and you can tell its the type of leather that will change (Patina) with use/hand oils. Wife agrees and shes a very heavy advocate of leather, especially leather that gets character with patina.

Why would you have liked that??

Ill post pictures tomorrow, hard to take pictures of the case on my phone with no camera, but for $17-22 I think its worth it. Excited to pull out this phone when Im wearing a suit and some brown shoes/belt. (corny I know, but Im excited, lol)

12. robotphood macrumors 6502a

13. Frau Blücher macrumors newbie

Just a personal preference I don't like the snap type cases.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

If it's distressed leather to start out with and it looks cool, it's more acceptable to receive the inevitable marring and discoloration. Almost a relief in comparison with owning Apple's leather case.

15. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Restoration Hardware Iphone Sale.

Any update in the pictures?

16. loxllxol macrumors newbie

17. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Bummer that these are snap cases and have those openings on the top and bottom. I try to avoid those.

18. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22