Restore 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by gex00, Feb 6, 2010.

1. gex00 macrumors newbie

Ok after a vigorous search on the web, I cant find a solution to my problem: Restoring my 3.1.2 itouch

Of course I dont wanna update my itouch to 3.1.3 cause it would "break" the jailbreak

Anyway I tried restoring using saurik's server but I dont think its possible no more cause its a little too late Cydia doesnt offer to store up ECIDs anymore

Now is there any alternative way to restore my itouch:confused:

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

There are many, many, many, many threads on this exact topic on this very board. Try Mroogle.

The short answer is: if you have a 2G Touch, you can jailbreak even 3.1.3 using a special version of redsn0w. If you have a 3G Touch and your SHSH is not stored on Saurik's servers, you're out of luck.

3. gex00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess Im out of luck...I have a 3G touch (just bought it two weeks ago)

I really want to restore this cause my itouch slowed down all of a sudden - I prolly DLed a corrupted app but I cant tell which one is which...

EDIT: I cant do much atm huh so can you guys at least give me some tips on how to avoid problems that would lead to restoring? for at least the moment until the Dev Team hasnt come up with the solution/jailbroke 3.1.3 yet

NOTE: my itouch has slowed down but its manageable thats why Im asking the above question to avoid further problems that could lead to restoring

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

jailbreaking always slows down your device...but its worth it. try turning off themes.