Restore a 4.3 back to 4.2.1 - Is it possible???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by charlestrippy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

Hi!
    So, I recently broke my phone and thought I would need to get it replaced but apple managed to just replace the back of the case. The PROBLEM was that I was jailbroken on 4.2.1 and I figured it would be smart to upgrade it to 4.3 so they don't give me the whole "nothing we can do, it's jailbroken" deal....

Well, like I said - they fixed the back and gave the phone back... stuck on 4.3. I had the blobs saved and was able to downgrade back to 4.2.1 fine but when I went to restore my backup it says that it can't restore from backup and that I would have to set it back up to 4.3 to restore it (See image)

My question, is there a work around to getting a 4.3 backup back on the 4.2.1 or do I need to either

A) Start a-new
    B) Stay on 4.3 with my backup and wait for jailbreak?

[​IMG]

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

If you have a Iphone 4 or 3GS you can not downgrade unless you saved shsh blobs via Tiny Umbrella or Make it Easy option in Cydia. (I do both) ;) if you did then the easiest way is to use Tiny Umbrella there are video's tutorials on youtube and Iclarified.

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

You can choose which backup to restore from a list. Just choose the last one you did for 4.2.1, not the last one you did with 4.3...

4. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

yeah that's what I did... have them all saved from 4.1

5. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

yeah that's what i had to do :(