iPod touch Restore a jailbreak Ipod to stock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by super michael, Jun 6, 2013.

1. super michael, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

super michael macrumors regular

I was wondering when the IOS 7 gets released, do I follow the sticky that says to restore Iphone? Here is the thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=603129. I know that to update my IOS 6 to IOS 7 I need to return my ipod touch to stock.

The reason I ask is because it says its for Iphone, I don't know if that will be good for Ipod touch 5th gen.

How do I keep my music and photos without losing them when restoring them?

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

for a regular I'm wondering why you would ask a question like "can I keep my music and photos when I restore" you already know the answer to that one.

----------

and all you do is press the restore button on iTunes, don't let that guide trick you.

3. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Actually that is my bad there, I meant to ask, is it possible to backup the music and photo only without backing up any of the jailbreak? Just incase is it possible to backup games without including any jailbreak?

Oh I see so just plug in the ipod touch and press restore button in iTunes that is easy to do.

4. AppleDeviceUser macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

It is impossible to backup a jailbreak. The jailbreak is a hack, when you backup everything will be saved except the jailbreak, you will then be able to download and install iOS 7.