Restore after JB problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtoucher, Jul 5, 2008.

1. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Ok I just need help, even if you redirect me to another thread I just need to resolve this issue.

I have had my iPod jailbroken ever since the first day it was released. I just now decided to restore so that I would have a clean slate for 2.0, then the problems started. After restore the icons were in different places and i could go to the different "pages" by flicking, but I couldn't move the icons around. so I reset the home screen layout and all hell broke loose. All the icons are in order, but i cannot move the "page" or re-arrange the icons at all. All the apps work like they should, the home screen is just giving me problems. Also when I restored all of my January Update apps went away, which i paid $20 @&#%%$@ for. I have restored 4 times and have used a back up. So should I restore and start the iPod from scratch?, then will my apps not transfer?

Any help will be appreciated!!

2. dagored macrumors 65816

If I follow you correctly, you restored, but did not delete all of your JB apps before the restore and stuff was everywhere. Been there done that.

If that is the case. Wipe it clean. Reformat it. Make it like out of the box and all of your out of the box apps and your January apps should come back. It may take one or two syncs before you get the January apps back.

Worked for me, but I JB it again about an hour later. Could not be without certain apps that Apple just does not provide. CalcPaper, PocketTouch, AdBlock etc.

3. ipodtoucher thread starter macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Ok it has been quite a while since i reformatted, a little help? hahaha

4. dagored macrumors 65816

Here's the sequence:

open iTunes

-plug the iPod into the computer
    -hold both sleep/wake and home button until iPod restarts.
    -let go of of the sleep/wake button when you see Apple logo.
    -continue to hold home button until iTunes pops up with recovery mode
    -click yes, and your iPod will be restored to its factory settings.

5. ipodtoucher thread starter macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Yeah just finished doing that... Still same problem of no side to side page movement or wiggling apps. I guess my only option is to wait until the 2.o release and see if that helps at all...

EDIT: It won't even let me add webapps to the home screen from safari.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

Do the above again. This time, do not restore, but treat it as a new Touch. Give it a new name. Try that. I think you have a bad backup. Or a few.

OR

download ziphone plug ipod up to mac tell ziphone to put ipod in dfu mode and then when itunes says its detected ipod in recovery mode restore (the faster, easier option in my opinion)