Restore an iPad - Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marty1990, Aug 24, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I updated my MacBook Pro to Mountain Lion using the upgrade feature, overwriting my previous OS.

Now, since the files that were on my Mac stayed on my machine during the upgrade, and since I had previously restored my iPad when I was using Lion, am presuming the restore file is still on my MacBook, so my question is the following;

If I were to restore my iPad through iTunes, will the restore file be corrupt or whatever from the upgrade to ML? Or is it okay for me to restore my iPad if it uses that original file?

----

Also, since am selling this iPad - 32GB isn't enough for me, am upgrading to a 64GB one - and I want it to be fresh/essentially brand new to sell to friend, is a restore best, or a reset (erase content and settings) the best way to get it back to it's original, unused state?

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Lion or Mountain lion won't affect the iTunes backup.

If it were me, I'd restore, and then when it asks to set up as new or restore from a backup, I'd select set up as new.

3. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

So the ML upgrade definitely wouldn't have done anything to the restore file? I just don't want it to restore and something go wrong, especially since am selling it.

4. marty1990, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? Kind of need to know so I can do it today! Thanks!

So an 'erase content and settings' wipe, wouldn't be sufficient to essentially set the iPad as factory new?

You see, I did the erase and reset through the iPad several times as I had it in my head that doing that would be the best way to completely erase everything. Would wiping and resetting the iPad so many times cause damage in itself to the flash drive?

Sorry about all these questions, it's just I want to sell the iPad in perfect condition - something I'd be pleased to receive.

5. mackallax macrumors newbie

i phone

i phone has made new record in selling .. because of features .........
    supported by it..........
    to know more about iphone

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Wiping from the iPad is enough. And it won't cause damage.