Restore as new iphone with photo only.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by erichkooi, Jun 29, 2012.

1. erichkooi macrumors member

Hi,
    I would like to restore as new iphone and I still want to keep my photos in the camera rolls and not transfer to the photo album.

Is there possible way to do so?

Thanks.

2. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Not that I know of. That's how ios keeps track of what is new to be synced and what has already been synced. That way you don't duplicate synced photos. It's like a queue.

Any reason for doing this? Maybe there is an alternative solution to your problem?

3. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

You can do that by restoring from an iCloud backup I believe.

4. erichkooi thread starter macrumors member

Hi JMG,
    The reason I am doing this because I want to restore as new phone due to battery issue which drain quite fast compare but I still keep all my photos in camera rolls.
    I read some posted in forum restore as new phone mostly fix this issue and yes, I tried disabled this and that still no improving.

Hi Galva,
    Yes , backup iCloud is the only solution but this backup process is taking ages.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

6. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Can you elaborate? The iPhone only has 1 camera roll... Pictures taken by the iPhone camera. When you sync it it copies to your computer and places them into a photo album on your iPhone. The only difference between the camera roll and a photo album is the name and "Camera Roll" is populated with the pictures you take from the iPhone camera. Are you meaning to keep the organization you have done to your photos in the iPhone? They are organized into albums and you can keep them that way by making sure the directory on your computer that you sync to has the pictures organized into folders that mirror your iPhone. I believe that if you sun, then it automatically does this.

7. Young339, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

Young339 macrumors newbie

blueroom, you are correct. Although it's an old thread; Photosync is easily the best iOS photo transfer app out there