Restore back to 6.1.4 successful...process

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Shockwave78, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

So iOS although nice, severe battery drain. Disabled a few things but I think i will just wait for beta two, Overall nice update but needs a lot work on the colors and stuff. Lots of nice little features and settings tweaks though.

Successful restore back to 6.1.4

1. Place phone in DFU mode
    2. Download 6.1.4 ipsw for your phone version (iclarified)
    3. Your phone will be detected in DFU mode, hold shift in windows and select your downloaded 6.1.4 file. Restore from your backup and your back to the way you were before the beta install.

And yes i know about betas and stuff like battery drain is to be expected, i have been installing these things for 5yrs now ;)

----------

lol...

going back to 6.1.4 makes IT look fresh and new only after a couple of hours on 7.0 :)

2. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

you do not need to DFU to restore back to ios 6.1.4 you just need to hold down your home button while plugging in your sync cable. Voila.

And regarding battery drain - do not restore your previous anything. Just START FROM SCRATCH. When you restore your data, it will also leave remnants that may or may not cause issues. Battery life is one of them.

3. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Generally, if your iDevice ever backed up to iCloud from a higher version of iOS (like a beta), you cannot restore that backup to an older version of iOS. That's why I turned off iCloud backup for the beta period and I am backing up to iTunes on my Mac.

4. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I've been wanting to try it out but its only beta 1. Has anyone else confirm that you can go back to iOS6? What phone and network are you on?

5. udflyer macrumors regular

Can't you just use the latest signed ipsw on developer.apple.com which is 6.1.3 ?

6. Jaxd macrumors newbie

Can anyone explain how I put my phone in DFU mode?