Restore back to this morning

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Danaldinho, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Danaldinho macrumors member

Hey,

Something happened to my iMac when watching a video and then when I restarted my iMac my Firefox just wouldn't open.

To cut a long story short, I ******** up my Firefox folder and now I have lost all my bookmarks and preferences.

So is there a way to go back to the previous day or to an earlier time today on my Operating System. Then I should have my folder back with all my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

If you have a Time Machine backup then sure. If you don't have a backup then you're hosed.

3. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Are you using Time Machine? Or keeping any other sort of backup?

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Only windows has a roll-back feature, OS X does not. If you're using Time Machine, you may be in luck however.

Also, try just reinstalling Firefox. Even if the program is messed up, it keeps your settings and bookmarks in a different folder.

5. Danaldinho thread starter macrumors member

I'm not using TimeMachine no :(

Basically I accidentally overwrote all the my Firefox profile with the default one. This is why I need to do some sort of restore.

I had thousands of bookmarks and all my passwords saved.

Please tell me there is some other way for me to get this back.

6. larkost macrumors 6502a

Just to be clear, the Windows roll-back feature only applies to system files. Since Danaldinho seems to have wiped data files this would not help him out here either. A backup system like TimeMachine would be the only helpful tool right now (and he would have had to have had it setup and running before this event).

7. Danaldinho thread starter macrumors member

So basically I'm doomed :( I just can't believe all of this happened in a couple of minutes. FML