Restore Carrier Settings/Files

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cristovao, Jun 28, 2011.

1. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Is there anyway to restore the carrier settings/files? I was trying to manually install a custom carrier logo in both /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ and /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier Bundle.bundle but now I no longer see the latter folder and I can't get any data.

I have an iPhone 4 on Telus in Canada, running JB 4.3.1

When I go into Settings-General-About, Carrier says "Not Available". I tried to copy the /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ and /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier Bundle.bundle folders from another iPhone on Telus but that didn't work.

Can anyone help?

2. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

Sorry, but that's a re-jailbreak :( The same thing happened to me.

You need to go through iTunes for this one, I'm afraid. Only way I could fix it.

3. cristovao thread starter macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Do you mean that I have to restore to the Apple factory default, then jailbreak? Or can I just run the 4.3.1 jailbreak again?

4. cristovao thread starter macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Just an update for anyone else who has this problem...I did have to re-jailbreak but I did NOT Have to restore to Apple factory defaults. I was on 4.3.1 and re-jailbroke to 4.3.3 and that fixed the problem.

Remember to run a backup and transfer your purchases before you get started!

Thanks @ Lycanthroat