Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhanekom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Hi
I've just used pwnage tool to unlock my 2G iphone for the first time. When finished, iTunes asks if I want to now sync it as a new phone or restore a backup. I assume I have to choose New? If so, how do I get all my previous text messages, etc back on my phone?
I assume if I choose Restore then it will un-jailbreak and lock my phone again?
Thanks.

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
if you did restore, itunes would put your iphone to the last backup it made. unaffecting the recent JB/UL you just did.

their have been some issues raised by restoring, one is the poor quality of battery...fyi

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi
I've just used pwnage tool to unlock my 2G iphone for the first time. When finished, iTunes asks if I want to now sync it as a new phone or restore a backup. I assume I have to choose New? If so, how do I get all my previous text messages, etc back on my phone?
I assume if I choose Restore then it will un-jailbreak and lock my phone again?
Thanks.

If you choose restore, just about everything, including your settings will go back on your phone.

If you choose new, only those things you backed up with a sync in iTunes will go back, music, movies, contacts, calendar, photos, etc.

Either one won't affect the JB you just did.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
jinx. damn lizard...your quick.

But you beat me
icon14.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.