Restore default Color LCD profile

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hasaza, May 9, 2010.

1. hasaza macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to restore the default Color LCD profile for a mbp 15" Glossy Hi-Res? I was messing around with mine trying to get rid of the purplish hue to all Blues and overwritten the default one. I'd rather not have to do a re-install and my Time Machine backup is of my old mbp (so different panel).:(

My panel details are 9CB6, LTN154MT07, If someone with the same could upload the profile it would be even better. ;)

Thanks.

2. DMKMD macrumors newbie

I would think the better solution rather than using a canned profile is to profile your monitor using a device like spider or colormunki. You could probably just borrow the device from a friend for that purpose.

3. Jof macrumors regular

I know for sure there's some calibrated profiles for 9CB7 on these forums; do a quick search for "ICC" or "profiles" and you'll find them.

Incidentally, my experience so far is that
    a) You can't get rid of the purple - it seems to be that the blues are out of gamut for these displays
    b) Judging by those I've seen in store, A LOT of the new MBPs are like that, regardless of model (certainly their default Color LCD profiles are)

However, to specifically answer your question, just create a new user account and copy it from there.