Restore Discs (Macbook - Macbook Pro)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by remylebeau, Mar 6, 2008.

1. remylebeau macrumors newbie

I have a 2.33 17" Macbook Pro that I need to do a restore on, however I'm at University and my discs are at home. I have a friend who just got a Macbook last month and I was wondering if her restore disc would work with my MBP?

2. Area51Tazz macrumors member

I think they are only Country specific...if you look on the stickers, it doesn't say anything about Macbook vs Macbook Pro.

3. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

I had a probelm with Disk 1 for my MB (before I moved to Leopard), and when I tried to use a friend's borrowed disk for MBP it would not work, did not recognise the machine/OS/hardware, can't remember the phrase now - therefore, not compatible.

4. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

The restore disks are extremely machine-specific. I used a pair of iMac restore disks on my Macbook, and even though the install went okay and the OS boots/runs properly, the graphics driver, sleep driver, and audio driver are missing. :(

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

It is possible to use the restore disks to install the operating system. For the iLife goodies (disk 2) then you're s.o.l.

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

If you have apple care, just go to the apple store and say you have a problem. The first thing they always do is archive and install. Just ask them to do a complete install or something instead.

7. Area51Tazz macrumors member