Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Okay lets say iLife 05' is released at mwsf and available by the following week or so.. So I go out and buy myself a copy of iLife 05' for my ibook.. great.. NOW... I come home and do an ERASE and INSTALL of os x.3 on my ibook just b/c :p i do the custom install so as to leave out the iphoto proggy and such b/c these are restore disks remember... NOW... after the os install is done, i install iLife 05'.. okay great.. THEN.. i procede to install the apps that came with my comp, now if u look in the list here, how do i get it so as it only installs everything BUT the garageband app? obviously the one in iLife 05 will be newer and id want that...

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 36

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....I know you are talking somewhat hypothetical but.....are you having any trouble with the iBook's OS install? If not, there is no reason to go through all that trouble....just install iLife 05 and be done with it. This isn't windoze - you don't need to wipe your drive and reinstall every time you want to install a new program.

Now, when it comes time to install 10.4 in 4-6 months time ( :) ) you can maybe make a case for doing the complete new install. And when that time comes, you can manually install those apps you need from the restore disks by digging into the disks and finding the individual installers...a tool like Pacifist (mentioned on this board countless times) will help you out.....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.