Restore error 1603 help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hawkeyefan29, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hawkeyefan29 macrumors newbie

Recently i grabbed my itouch and instead of me hitting the home button and having the main unlock screen come up the apple logo appeared. (i usually dont turn it off but leave it in sleep mode) the logo would stay there for a while then the screen would go blank and the apple logo would appear and do the same thing over and over. i pluged it into my ps3 to see if i could get it to the main screen menu and it came up with the plug into itunes sign. i pluged it in and all the ipod in recovery mode alerts came up and i hit restore, while restoring i got error 1603, ive tryed basically everything to get around this error, ive updated my itunes used different usb cables but it still pops up as error 1603. i want to know if there is anything else i can do by myself to solve this before i have to take it into apple.

2. hawkeyefan29 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive done all of that except for trying another computer, i should be able to plug it into my friends computer tonight though. i was just wondering if there were any other solutions outside of the common ones that work for most peoples ipods. if using another computer doesnt work ill give apple a call and see what they can do for me.