Restore File changed my "carrier name"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dammit Cubs, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Lol Hilarious!

I had "Cubs" on the old iphone 3GS and when i did a restore on the new iphone 4; it changed it from "AT&T" to "Cubs". It must of been from when i did jailbreak on the 3GS. I just find it funny it came up.

2. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Also,

I noticed that my old carrier file that was used to get tethering on my iphone without the use of jailbreak (tethering thru cable or bluetooth) has also been enabled on the my iphone 4. It seems like the restore remembered EVERYTHING

3. p-rice macrumors regular

LOL yeah, custom carrier names usually get stored in the backup file. That's why I always revert to default "AT&T" for my latest backup.

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I blanked my carrier name so my restore still has a blank which is good...but I also had the date/time on the top bar in my 3GS..and when I restored, I now just have the first two letters of the day..FR

bit of a pain as you cant tell what the time is from any other screen but the lockscreen now

5. army91c macrumors 6502a

Did you actually tether with the new phone? A lot of times it will be there but will go away when you actually try and use it. Give it a shot, and hopefully it is 100% working.... stuff it at-t!