Restore Files after Sync

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ncc1701d, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ncc1701d macrumors 6502

I have a MacPro 4.1. All my apps are on an SSD off the 2nd Optical drive. I have started using "Chronosync" to back up the data on the main hard drives to a drobo.

I have searched the Chronosync site and sent an email on my problem, but no luck with a reply. I was thinking that regardless of which back up software used, the problem would be the same - so was hoping someone here may be able to help.

I want to reconfigure the data drives and they need to be wiped (they are currently RAID 0 and I don't want this any more).

The question is; when I want to restore the data files that I backed up off the drobo, back onto my MacPro:

1) Do I just drag the files back from the drobo across?
    2) If yes, then will apps like... iMovie / iWeb / iTunes etc - which have "links" to different media: will those links be broken? (Remember, SSD with apps won't be touched, just the data they are accessing).
    3) If links will be broken... any way to fix this problem? (easily! :))

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I suspect there will be minor problems, especially if your drives have different names once reconfigured. But it's recoverable, just point iTunes at the new location.

You might not have any problems at all if the reconfigured drive has the same name as the old RAID0, but I have no experience with this.

3. ncc1701d thread starter macrumors 6502

No one has had any problems restoring data from a back up??