Restore from iCloud backup iOS 9 B4/5?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by AbSoluTc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Has anyone actually RESTORED from an iCloud backup while on iOS 9 Beta 4 or 5?

My phone had to be replaced while running B4 and I tried 6 times to restore from a backup and the photos/videos failed to restore fully. 127 photos out of 3,974. It always stopped when it came to the photos/videos. I was hoping this problem would have been resolved in B5 and I was happy to see it was, however, it is not.

Photos/videos restore partially but again, only a fraction of the files actually restore. 90% of them are missing. I have tried twice. I got further in the restore in Beta 5 than I did in Beta 4. Why would it just stop?

What's interesting is, under General - About - it shows the photo count as ALL photos but in the photo app, clearly it is not.

2. Seekeroftruth macrumors member

I replaced an Ipad. After downloading ios 9 again, I hooked it up to iTunes and restored from my IOS 9 backup. Everything came over perfect for me. Maybe try an erase all content and settings/restore again. If that doesnt work I would assume the backup is corrupt.

3. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Sadly I rarely do an iTunes backup so that is not an option. I thought the iCloud backup was corrupt when I was trying to do it under Beta 4 but Beta 5 restored more than it did in B4 so I don't think it's corrupt honestly.