Restore from iCloud backup - pictures not in chronological order

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by SDM44, Sep 17, 2016.

1. SDM44 macrumors newbie

SDM44

Not sure if this is iOS 10 related or not, but it's the first time this has happened and it happened on my iOS 10 iPhone 7.

When doing the restore from my iCloud backup onto my new iPhone 7 last night (and all day today), I noticed that my Camera Roll pictures are not in chronological order. They all copied over just fine, but half way into the camera roll the current pictures are somewhere lost in the middle.

It goes like this: Roll starts out with the earliest pic from Dec 2013, and then in June 2014 it jumps down to after my last pic I took before doing a backup on Sept 16, 2016. I also noticed that my Instagram pictures didn't all download, and it says it's all done.... but I can live without those.

Short of doing a full restore on the phone again, is there any way to make the picture roll show all of my pictures in chronological order from oldest to newest?

2. b.c. macrumors 6502

I have the same problem since restoring from an iTunes backup of my old iPhone 5 to a new 7 Plus (both running iOS 10). My camera roll (~250 photos) has the oldest photos now suddenly in the middle of the roll. This has never happened after any prior restore from backup to a new phone.

The metadata / dates for all the photos are correct, but the camera roll starts with photos from late 2014 up through just prior to restoring. At roughly the middle of the camera roll, those are then followed by my oldest photos from 2008 through to mid 2014. Any new photos taken after the restore then follow those.

A bit annoying. Hopefully there's a way to force a proper re-sort by date.