Restore from iCloud issue

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by drguitarum2005, Sep 23, 2012.

1. drguitarum2005 macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone 5 yesterday as an upgrade to my iPhone 4. I do NOT have access to a computer and haven't synced to my MacBook (which I don't have access to right now) since March. I erased the entire iphone 5 and did a restore from iCloud. So far it seems all my photos (save for a few videos) have synced and all my apps at least have icons but every single one is stuck about half way and have been for many hours. I think my restore is stuck on all my music. Now beware, I am doing this on a ridiculously painfully SLOW wifi connection in a hotel as it's all I have access to right now.

Is there a way I can tell it to forget about music period, don't restore it, and just finish restoring my apps and settings? I can live without my music for a month until I get back to my laptop to sync via iTunes. I still have my inactive iPhone 4 with all my music. It's been almost 24 hours now and still restoring. How do I NOT restore music but DO restore everything else? I can deal with music later I just want my apps and settings.

Thanks!

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I don't think you can selectivity restore. At this point you might want to risk just turning the phone off and back on. Maybe a dialog box will appear asking if you want to continue, and select no. Just a guess. Or maybe it will continue to sync again. I've never encountered your problem before. Just a thought.

3. drguitarum2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually it seems as if things are working now. In iTunes on the phone, two songs were stuck at "processing" and the other songs were waiting. I deleted the top song that was processing (couldn't delete the second) and the next song started downloading fine and now that other stuck one is downloading again. After that, I can tap each app one by one and it downloads and installs. Requires much manual input but thats ok. I can deal with deleting that one song and get it back later.

Thanks!

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Good deal then, glad it worked out for the most part.

5. drguitarum2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

This has been a huge pain...all sorts of issues with upgrading like iMessage not working on iPad etc but it seems like things are getting back to regular slowly. I suspect the majority of my issues root from this 28.8k modem-"esque" wifi connection I'm getting here in the hotel...

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

True, restoration only works well via a good connected wifi signal.