Restore from Touch 4g to Verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by likethesoup2, Mar 29, 2011.

1. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Can I restore from an iPod Touch to a Verizon iphone?
    I can (finally) upgrade April 1st.

Thanks.

2. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Is there any connection between iPod Touch and iPhone?:confused:

3. likethesoup2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The iPhone doesn't connect directly to the iPod Touch; it would be through my Macbook . . . i.e. iTunes.

Did I need to put in more information? Guess I thought pretty much everyone here would know how to restore an iPod Touch.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

im going to give you some logic here.

im assuming u know how to restore an ipod touch, iphone in general. if not search it

because every time u connect any of apples devices to itunes it will sync and backup the settings etc.

when you restore it it ill ask if u want to restore from backup, if it lets you restore from the backup of your iphone then u can do it if not then u cant.

next if u do it and something goes wrong, but the option was available using itunes ( meaning apple let u do it) im sure if u explain to an apple store employee that this was your rational then they will replace it.

5. likethesoup2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I know how to restore an iPod Touch; my point, perhaps not stated clearly enough -- the Verizon iPhone has a slightly different version of iOS.

I wanted to know if anyone else had restored from a version of 4.3.x to the Verizon iOS.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You can use the backup from your iPod for your iPhone. yes

The only thing you can't do is move the music. But your settings and stuff like mail, calendar, etc yes