Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Okay so i needed to make a new thread here since i decided to sell one of my 2 iphones, i would like to restore it to the same iOS version and re-jailbreak and sell it as a jailbroken device, but i obviously want all my info deleted (restore).
At least the restore to same iOS version is the most important part.

I know i can´t use the restore button in the phone, but if i use Rootfs in Unc0ver can i then use that restore button in the phone settings'''? Have anybody tried it?

Or is there a Semi restore app availible for iOS 12.1 / Unc0ver 12?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Settings > reset > erase all content and settings should do the trick.... As far as I know that will not update your iOS software. Someone else confirm please just to be sure.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Settings > reset > erase all content and settings should do the trick.... As far as I know that will not update your iOS software. Someone else confirm please just to be sure.
If it’s jailbroken already, you do not reset from your phone. That’s the number one JB rule.

Reactions: eyoungren

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
If it’s jailbroken already, you do not reset from your phone. That’s the number one JB rule.

Exactly, thats why i asked if it´s okay to use the "erase all contents and settings" after i have used restore rootfs in Unc0ver? Because as far as i have understood the jailbreak files should be deleted after running "restore rootfs"?

Has anybody tried this approach or does somebody know another way of restoring to the same iOS version from a Jailbroken ios 12 iphone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.