Restore frozen, what do I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lokiju, Aug 3, 2008.

1. lokiju macrumors 6502

I upgraded my wifes 3G to *47 firmware and did the restore, it got about half way and just stopped showing any progress.

It's been stuck at the same exact spot for over an hour now and the iPhone shows "Restore in Progress" on the screen still.

Will I completely screw the phone up if I disconnect it?

What should I do?

2. paulold macrumors 6502

You might be experiencing what I went thru. It turned out my iTunes needed to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled. I recommend that you call Apple Care's 800 number. They'll walk you thru it. If you've been thru a backup at least once, you shouldn't mess too much up, but let the techies guide you.

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

it will be fine if you just unplug it. sounds like you should just give it the old hard restart- press and hold the power and home buttons until the iphone restarts.

4. spinstorm macrumors 68000

Disconnect it and hard reboot with home and power button until the Apple logo appears however you may have to restore it again so if it tells you to restore again then restore again.

It might be worth turning off your computer and turning back on in case there is something interferring with the connection between the phone and itunes.