RESTORE...I want to undo this

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by roweathers, May 20, 2008.

1. roweathers macrumors newbie

I did a Restore on my iTOUCH. At the beginning of the process I was asked if I wanted to make a backup, I answered yes and went ahead with the Restore. Now I want to undo the Restore and go back to the prior set up.

Since Restore took a backup, I am assuming the process can be undone! Can someone share with me any info on this?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

All it does is back up your settings and content in the five Apple apps. So the answer would be no.

3. roweathers thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm, Restore blows out everything... songs, photos etc and return device to original settings... I was hoping the backup might have included the songs, et al

Long story, but my songs, etc. on my iT went missing one day... they were gone, NO MUSIC.... yet my drive capacity still indicated that I had 10gb of something on the device... I tried several things to no avail... I did a Restore with the backup to try some special software. THis didn't work and now I want to undo the Restore and put back my 10gb of unknown items and try something else.... sorry for long msg, it is convoluted.....blah, blah... I am trying anything to get my songs back.