Restore ipad from JB - not working

leftPCbehind209

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
I have TinyUmbrella and it says i have the SHSH ipad2wifi 4.3.3

When i click the TSS server button it doesn't connect.

I tried 'restore' through itunes and let it backup my ipad but it popped up an error message at end of process.

I want to get rid of JB and just have a clean ipad and update to the latest iOS. How can I do that?

Thanks.

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
After you uncheck the box, close TU. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open hosts with notepad. Delete the line with gs.apple

Comment

leftPCbehind209

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
After you uncheck the box, close TU. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open hosts with notepad. Delete the line with gs.apple
I'm on a Mac. Where should I go on a Mac?

Also, while trying to 'restore' thru itunes (i also updated itunes to newest version), I got this message:

The iPad could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

Comment

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
I'm on a Mac. Where should I go on a Mac?

Also, while trying to 'restore' thru itunes (i also updated itunes to newest version), I got this message:

The iPad could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
private\etc\hosts or search etc in spotlight

Because you held Option while restoring to something lower than 5.0.1

After you fix the hosts to delete the line, open TU and be sure set hosts is unchecked once again then run the TSS server to get back on 4.3.3

Comment

leftPCbehind209

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
private\etc\hosts or search etc in spotlight

Because you held Option while restoring to something lower than 5.0.1

After you fix the hosts to delete the line, open TU and be sure set hosts is unchecked once again then run the TSS server to get back on 4.3.3
I have no idea where the etc\hosts is. I searched for 'etc' and it was an 'etc' folder in my 'bootcamp' directory.

Comment

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
Use the Go menu in finder. Pick Go and pick go to folder from the submenu. In the dialog that pops up type /private

you will now be looking a /private

Comment

leftPCbehind209

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Use the Go menu in finder. Pick Go and pick go to folder from the submenu. In the dialog that pops up type /private

you will now be looking a /private
Thanks for the help.

I ended up using a different computer and it let me do a full restore.

Comment