iPad Restore iPad without updating to ios 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mrg02d, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Hello,
    I need to restore my iPad 2 but can't without letting iTunes update me to iOS 5.1. I am jail broken, that's why I don't want to go to 5.1

What I really need is to reinstall cydia. Somehow it was deleted while I was deleting apps I installed through cydia. I tried to ee jailbreaks, but was told it is already jail token and then process stopped.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. RevoWithin macrumors newbie

same problem here... wanna restore but dun wan update to iOS 5.1 ...

3. Mrg02d, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

Mrg02d thread starter macrumors 65816

Hello,
    Ive been at it all day and cannot get it to install. I used iFile to go to the Cydia folder and delete it. I restart, then go to the link provided. Opens in iFile and I select install. I then get this error:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cydia:
    cydia depends on cydia-Iproj; however:
    Package cydia -Iproj is not installed.
    dpkg: error processing cydia (--install):
    dependency problems- leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    cydia
    Finished with result code: 256

EDIT: Infact, iFile wont install ANYTHING. I tried other .deb files and I just get errors similar to the above. I dont even understand how Cydia got removed in the first place.

4. ohhs macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but my ipad 2 is stuck in the apple logo. does anyone know how to get past it? I'm find with doing a full restore but I can't restore it back to 5.0.1. Cydia crashed when i was installing a package, now it won't boot.

5. Jade529 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem yesterday. Installed a package and got stuck on the Apple Logo. Only way for computer or iTunes to see my iPad 2 was to go into DFU mode. At that point I could only do a restore to 5.1. Hopefully a jailbreak will be out soon. Good luck.

6. batotman macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure it's impossible. If you have 4.3 blobs you can go back to that but ios5 is different, no shsh blobs. Jailbreak should be out before end of month methinks.

7. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Can I restore to 5.0.1 (i'm on 5.0.1, so, is not a downgrade question) if I have my blobs saved?

I want to get it to apple but I don't want to show that i have jailbreak xD