Restore iPhone 4.2.1 Baseband 6.15?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dissizitt, Dec 21, 2010.

1. dissizitt macrumors member

Is it possible? Or I have to use a custom firmware? If so, can anyone help me on this?

Im using my iPhone 3gs(old bootroom) as a iTouch and would like to activate it myself since I heard theres some battery drain due to hactivation.

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

You'll most likely have to use a custom IPSW. That is the iPad baseband correct?

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Custom firmware. Since you have an old bootrom 3GS you don't need to upgrade your 3GS to the iPad baseband, unless you're on 4.2.1 already?

4. dissizitt thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I am on the Ipad baseband. I bought the iPhone from a friend that was stuck on recovery mode. Even though I tried to restore with itunes I would get an error. I forgot what error it was. So I browsed and went to the redsn0w and updating the baseband route.

Waiting patinetly for dev team to fix the gps issue..:(

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or if you got 4.1 shsh's saved on cydia you can restore to a 4.1 ipsw and use tinyumbrella when its done restoring to kick it out of recovery when you get the error message.

6. dissizitt thread starter macrumors member

Haha. I wish my friend did save the shsh 4.1 but he didn't know anything about jailbreak or tinyumbrella until it got stuck on recovery.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    That sucks then.
    You'd have to create a custom 4.2.1 ipsw with pwnage or download one online.

8. dissizitt thread starter macrumors member

Is there another way without using pwnage tools? I don't have a mac. And I heard sn0wbreeze is unstable.

Unless someone is nice and build one for me.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Either someone with a mac builds one or you borrow a mac from someone or donwload a custom 4.2.1 ipsw thru a torrent or other site online.
    Stay away from snowbreeZe, it sucks.

10. dissizitt thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man.
    I just googled and found the custom ipsw without activation. :cool:

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice:)
    You will need this version of redsnow for windows: http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
    to put the iphone in JB DFU mode before itunes lets you restore to the custom IPSW you downloaded.
    Then run redsnow and point it to this official 4.2.1 3GS ipsw from here: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9895.20101122.Cdew2/iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
    Then just select the "Just enter Pwned DFU Mode Right now" option.
    Then when that is done open up itunes and restore selecting your custom ipsw.
    Good luck.