Restore iPhone seems to hang

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjhouston, Oct 11, 2008.

1. tjhouston macrumors newbie

I decided to Restore because my iPhone (not 3G) was not syncing email anymore (POP or Exchange), Contacts freeze, as does email settings for the Exchange account in Settings. :(

Restore seems to be stuck. I interrupted it twice, and it gets to the same place "Restoring iPhone software" dialog box for hours.

Does this process just take very long, or is something really wrong? This is my only phone.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

That is definitely a problem, you should never interrupt an iphone restore. Try going into DFU mode and restoring (there are guides on youtube) If it still doesn't work, call apple.

3. tjhouston thread starter macrumors newbie

Back to the original problem

Thanks... I made an appointment for the genius bar, and they were able to finish the restore for me and I was able to finish with a restore from backup. According to them, I wouldn't have been able to finish it. I would had to have interrupted it. Restore is buggy. :( I wasted an entire day on this. :mad:

So, I'm probably back to the genius bar today to see if I can get the Exchange problem that I started with fixed because it's still doing the same thing after the restore. :mad:

Thanks for your response, though. :eek: