Restore iPhone / set up as new / lose app data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bawstun, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Is there anyway to keep app data and still restore as new and not use a backup? I'm jailbroken and I want to revert back for the upcoming update, but if I restore from backup it'll probably break my 3G again, you have to set the phone up as new...

But I also don't want to lose most of the saved data in my apps, one of them being Angry Birds, seeing as I've spent hours accumulating different achievements and stages.

Is there anyway to keep certain data from apps while setting up as new? I'm fairly certain there isn't...but thought someone might know something maybe I'm overlooking.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yep, you'll lose that data. I don't know of a way of keeping it yet unfortunately. I wish more apps would have backup features... especially angry birds. I've lost my data on it twice. *shrug*

3. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Yeah, Angry Birds is one of the *biggest* examples of lost data, other apps are mostly intricate settings and additional in-app purchases that I wouldn't want to have to restore back. But Angry Birds is a good example of a game that you spend hours, even days playing, and to lose it all...really sucks. If something happens to your phone, even if I wasn't jailbroken, and had to restore...I'd lose it. That's just awful. :( I guess I'll bite the bullet.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

If you have Angry Birds signed into Crystal, it will save your achievements, but you'll have to beat the levels all over again.

5. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I really don't care about the other games outside of angry birds and zombie pizza. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502