Restore issue.. Help with to do next.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thedru13, Nov 3, 2014.

1. thedru13 macrumors regular

So basically have had issues with restoring my data from iTunes and iCloud to my ip6+. Something must be corrupt in the data just no clue where or what is corrupt. So after talking to Apple and going to Apple I think at this point i am not going to fight it anymore. Will have to just set up as a new phone and only get my contacts and such back.

So my question is this. I really want to save my photos I will sacrifice my text messages for now and all my folders and organization of my apps. So I have almost 5k pics in my camera roll. So looking for input if anyone has any suggestions. I don't have a ton of space on MacBook and sketchy about iTunes photo backup. I don't have that turned on. Is there any decent 3rd party? Just looking for the least aggravating solution at this point.

2. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

I had similar problem I suggest you upload all your photos to google drive/dropbox etc

Also another way to do is...if you have a second iDevice around you can try Transfer app and send all your photos to a secondary iDevice. Once you're done with setting up the phone then you can transfer all your photos back.

3. thedru13 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Darkilkusion. I only have my iPhone and MacBook. No iPad or anything. I have a drop box account just wasn't sure if it would sync everything in my photos. Some of my folders after restore always shows the spinning wheel and says downloading

4. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

Turns out there is a desktop version for that app too!
    cheers!
    www.phototransferapp.com/desktop