restore issuse

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stangfreak1984, Nov 27, 2011.

1. stangfreak1984 macrumors newbie

i downloaded sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8 to make my custom ipws file for my base band with is 6.15.00 running 4.2.1 on 3gs. i did this to keep my baseband so i could up date to ios5. sn0wbreeze made the custom ipws file and put it on my desktop like it should.

i open itunes, hit shift restore. well it get almost done and i get this error.

Error 3194: Resolve error 3194 by updating to the latest version of iTunes. "This device is not eligible for the requested build" in the updater logs confirms this is the root of the issue. For more Error 3194 steps see: This device is not eligible for the requested build above

any suggestion? :D

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Apple has stopped signing OS5 for weeks now. That the reason you received this 3194 error. You can't only restore to 5.0.1 which Apple currently signs.

3. stangfreak1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

guess ill just have to wait, im not updating to 5.0.1. from what i read on ijailbreak.com is that if you do they are not sure if you if you will ever be able to run a untethered jailbreak. so guess im stuck for now

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Run Idetector and see if you have old or new bootrom on your phone. If you have old bootrom 3Gs, you can have untethered jailbreak on 5.0.1.

5. stangfreak1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

i already have i have a new bootrom