iPhone restore jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by charlesbronsen, Dec 1, 2016.

1. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

I have an iPhone4 and its still running a jailbroken iOS4.1. I want to update it but I'm scared it wont run the new iOS well. So is there a way to back up and restore to what I have now if I don't like the iOS?
    Thanking you

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

If it is an iPhone 4 (and not 4S) the latest iOS version it can run is iOS 7.1.2.

I think that if you saved and still have your "SHSH blobs" for iOS 4.1 back when Apple was still "signing" that iOS version you'd be able to restore to iOS 4.1. Otherwise, you can't go back.

The good news is that iOS 7.1.2 is jailbreakable! You can install, jailbreak and tweak away. It will definitely be a little slower but there are a few animation tweaks to "speed" it up. You'll be able to properly run a lot more apps in iOS 7, also.

3. charlesbronsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately the apps I want to run need iOS8 so I might just have to bite the bullet and get a new phone. Shame as this phone still runs great other than a finicky home button

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but it wont run that "great" if you install newer firmware versions than ios 4.
    The device is over 6 years old.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

You can always sell it for a small amount but hanging onto it as a backup is another good idea.

The finicky home button can be avoided in most uses with an Activator action to invoke a home press. I use a right-to-left swipe on the status bar for mine...lessens the wear and tear.