iPhone Restore jailbroken iPhone to iOS 6.1

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by champagnepapi, Mar 4, 2013.

1. champagnepapi macrumors member

I'm sick and tired of my jailbroken iPhone 5 crashing on a daily basis so I'm about to restore it. But before I do I was wondering if there were any way to restore it to 6.1 and not 6.1.2?

I've read several posts about bad battery life, stuttering in the animations etc. on 6.1.2 so I'd like to keep my device on 6.1.

And before you tell me that the crashes are caused by having many tweaks I only use Auxo, Zephyr and NCSettings.

Appreciate the help guys!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I had auxo before and it would crash my iPhone and force it to reboot. I liked auxo so I endured it since it wasn't that bad. But one crash caused it to boot up stuck in RESTORE mode (not recovery). The only solution I had in the end was DFU restore and haven't installed auxo back ever since

You might want to try uninstalling auxo and see if your daily crashes go away

And no, there is no way to restore to any version other than iOS 6.1.2 at the moment and maybe even never

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Restore it, choose set up as new, do not restore to backup
    Use the tabs in iTunes to restore your content.
    That will give you a clean restore.

4. champagnepapi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your input, I had no idea Auxo could cause these kind of crashes. I just uninstalled it and hopefully my device will be free from crashes now.

I'm sorry, but did you even read my post?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Of course, the 6.1 question was already addressed.
    So if you still intend to restore, just offering some advice.
    Even after removing Auxo, restoring to a backup can/may re-introduce some of the issues back into your iOS.
    Don't worry, I shall stay off your threads forevermore !