Restore needed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple281, Dec 28, 2009.

1. apple281 macrumors member

My phone was in the searching mode for an unusual amount of time and than it said sim rejected. I cleaned the sim and put it back in and now it says restore needed. When i plug the phone back into itunes to restore it the phone icon on the left side doesn't show up so i can't restore it. What should i do? Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. cmaier macrumors G3

Sure the SIM is in right? How did you clean it?

3. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

Yes. The sim was placed in the slot correctly. I cleaned it with a piece of cloth.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore it in DFU mode (see my sig for link).

5. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

Tried that. When it's almost complete it just shuts down and give the same pulg into itunes screen.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, then try a restore in recovery mode.

If that doesn't work try this:
    First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.

7. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help. As long as the iphone icon is on the left side of my screen i should be good. It's like itunes won't recognize my phone?