restore not woking

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xsjados, Jul 25, 2009.

1. xsjados macrumors newbie

its a long story but i need to restore my computer to factory settings or close to it (not just get rid of accounts) but the problem is is that when i put in osx disk 1 and hit the reboot button instead of getting the pick you language screen my computer reboots over and over again it never gets past the white boot up screen before rebooting i tried hitting c but nothing happens and it continues to reboot the only way out is to press option and hit boot from my hard drive

so is there any way to fix this i really need a hard reset but i cant figure it out

2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

1. What computer are you trying to reset?
    2. What OS are you on?
    3. Did you verify and repair permissions?

Maybe your HD needs repair?

Tried a hardware reset first?

If your computer is a laptop, shut down the laptop and remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter. Hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds. Attach the battery and the power supply and boot up the laptop.

On a desktop, shut down the computer and unplug it from the power supply.
    Hold down the power button for 10 seconds at least. Plug in the power supply and boot up the desktop.

Not sure if this will help but give it a try!

Also try the hardware test Disk that came with your computer and see if the CD drive is okay.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Are you sure you're using the correct disc? The gray labeled discs are machine-family specific, and the behavior you're describing is typically seen when the wrong disc is being used to try to boot the system.

4. xsjados thread starter macrumors newbie

im on macbook pro late 2008 model im running 10.5.7 and the disk is the gray disk that came with the computer

maybe its because the disk is 10.5.4 and my computer wont let me downgrade he is a code that's on the disc 2Z691-6311-A